Pelvic Osteotomies for Cloacal Exstrophy
Table of Contents
- Salter Incision: One finger width below iliac crest, 1-2 cm proximal to ASIS
- Elevate External Oblique Muscle: Iliac crest exposed from ASIS to 1/2-3/4 the length
- Dissect Sartorius/Tensor Fascia Lata Interval: Protect and medially reflect lateral femoral cutaneous nerve
- Split Iliac Crest Apophysis
- Expose Inner & Outer Table of Ilium: Sub-periosteal dissection on medial and lateral surface
- Expose Sciatic Notch
- Cut from Crest to Sciatic Notch
3. Closure: Apply skin traction (Buck's traction). May require osteotomy of ASIS to assist in closure.
4. Repeat previous steps for opposite side
To maintain access: please let your librarian know you would like a subscription or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will forward your feedback to your librarian.
Share This Article
Filmed At:Tufts Medical Center